The Communication Arts Major at Eastern Nazarene College aims to produce students who:
- Demonstrate, both in oral and written expression, a clear understanding of
• The history and development of the English language.
• The history and development of media.
• The history, development, and uses of Communications Law and the system of
ethics from which this law emerges.
• The history and development of Communication Theory.
- Are able to
• Employ effective rhetoric in the production of written materials and in oral
• Produce aesthetically pleasing materials using digital technologies
• Produce articulate and appropriate written and oral analyses of media
expressions in our culture.