Sport Management Student Outcomes
Graduates of the sport management program will:
- understand basic business principles that provide a foundation for managing sport;
- understand the principles and concepts of management, administration, and leadership as they relate to sport;
- be able to implement a personal philosophy as it relates to social responsibility and ethical issues in sport;
- be able to implement a marketing plan for sport;
- understand basic legal concepts as they relate to sport and be able to implement strategies to reduce risk;
- understand how recreational, school, professional, and international sport are governed;
- know the processes for planning, designing, and operating a sport facility
- understand the reciprocal relationships of socio-cultural influences and sport.
Sport Management (BS) Requirements
The purpose of the Sport Management concentration is to provide students with knowledge of conceptual, interpersonal, and technical skill, along with the necessary experiences for successful leadership in the sports industry. The Sport Management Major is designed to integrate knowledge of Sport and Business with practical experience.
Sport Management Core
Sport Management Business