The Nease Library Computer lab is available for ENC students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Lab patrons must show valid ENC identification to use the facility. All the computers in the lab run XP Professional. In addition, all the programs needed for academic purposes have been installed.
Do NOT save anything on the lab computers as it will be permanently deleted upon each reboot. Save Your Work Often On A Flash Drive/Diskette! Files saved on local hard disks are not protected and are deleted automatically. The Nease computer lab is not responsible for any lost or damaged information. Diskettes can be bought from the IRC on the ground floor of the Nease Library.
The Nease computer lab is located on the ground floor of the Nease Library.
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am - Midnight
Friday: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday: 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Check library hours for special hours during summer and holidays.
- These facilities are for general use by ENC students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Lab patrons must show a valid ENC identification upon request.
- Lab patrons must NOT bring or consume food or drink in the computer lab.
- Do NOT use the printer as a copier.
- Academic uses of the computers have priority over E-mail and other recreational activity.
- Save your work often on flash drives! Files saved on local hard disks are not protected and are deleted automatically. The Nease computer lab is not responsible for lost or damaged information.
- Lab Patrons are expected to maintain a noise level conducive to an academic atmosphere. Cell phone use is NOT permitted in the computer lab. Cell phones and pagers should be turned off. Any conversations must be taken outside of the computer lab so other lab patrons are not disturbed. Students who are disruptive in any way will be asked to leave the lab.
- Do not leave any personal items unattended. The Nease computer lab is not responsible for personal belongings. If an item or a disk is found, please hand it to the User Consultant and it will be placed in the Lost and Found box in the consultant's area. Please check with the User Consultant if you have lost a disk or any other item.
- Lab Patrons must promptly relinquish their workstations for scheduled classes or upon the request by a computer lab staff.
- Students are NOT PERMITTED to load or remove any software on the PC's in the labs. Unauthorized copying and or installing of unauthorized software is not permitted.
- Utilization of this facility for illegal purposes is strictly prohibited. Illegal activities, such as producing illegal materials and plagiarism, will be reported to the proper authorities.
- If a lab patron leaves a workstation unoccupied for more than 15 minutes, his/her computer will be given to the next person waiting. The Nease computer lab is not responsible for any lost or damaged work.
- Please help us maintain a neat and clean lab. All students are responsible for keeping their PC area NEAT and CLEAN. Place all trash in the wastebasket.
- Lab patrons are to complete their work and leave the computer lab area 10 minutes before the Nease Library closing time. Consultant will inform you 15 minutes prior to the closing time. Please check the library hours.
- All used paper is to be placed in the blue plastic receptacles in the lab for recycling.
- Report all hardware and software problems to the User Consultant on duty or notify the ITS Help Desk at Ext. 3727.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of our User Consultants. Our friendly staff will be more than happy to assist you in any way possible.
- Be respectful of yourself, others and of the equipment.
- You can help conserve valuable resources. Do not print large files unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Users are urged to use the “Print Preview” command before submitting a print job. Once you are satisfied, you can print the final document.
- Please be patient when you send a print job. The printer might be busy and it might take sometime before your document gets printed.
- Users should submit the print command ONLY ONCE to avoid printing multiple copies of the same document. Users should allow adequate time to ensure a successful print job before re-sending a print command.
- We strongly urge users to print a maximum of 4 pages at a time for PowerPoint slides and Portable Document Format (PDF) files. Notice that these files take longer to print as it takes more memory. Many users might be trying to print at the same time so please be considerate of other users. When the printer receives numerous print jobs at the same time, memory overflows and paper jams might occur.
- Lab patrons found to be wasting paper or making multiple copies may have printing privileges revoked.
- In case of a paper jam, low toner or any other problems contact the user consultant for assistance. If the user conultant is unavailable, call the ITS Help Desk at Ext. 3727 during normal business hours.