For your application, there is a substantial list of items we require. A few items can take a long time to complete, so it is very important that you get started on the process as soon as possible!
You can find information about the cost of attendance here: cost of attendance. Please note that we do NOT offer any full scholarships. After all aid has been awarded, the average international student can expect to pay between $20,000 and $25,000 per year from your personal funds.
*Please note: if you are an international student who is ALREADY studying in the US and has your F-1 visa and I-20, your requirements will be different. You can find this list of requirements below.*
Freshmen and First-time Students to the US:
Due to limited personnel resources, we regret that we cannot proceed with individual email correspondence until first-time F-1 students have submitted their online application and SAT or ACT scores.
- The online application. This is free and easy to complete.
- The SAT or ACT test.
- The TOEFL. This tests your English proficiency.
- Academic/Character Recommendation: We require at least one recommendation letter be submitted on your behalf from a teacher, tutor, guidance counselor, pastor, or other appropriate non-family member, who can attest to both your academic ability and character. We accept these recommendations in the form of a letter or ENC's recommendation form. You can also request that your recommender send this letter via email. These letters must be original, and come directly from your reference, and cannot be sent by the applicant.
- The transcript evaluation. Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to evaluate international transcripts here on our campus. We CANNOT accept transcripts directly from your institution. If you are a student from Canada or the UK, this is not applicable, and you may send transcripts directly.
As such, we require that all international applicants send their transcripts for official evaluation directly to one of the following evaluation agencies:
Global Credential Evaluators, Inc. (GCE) – this is the recommended agency, because they are faster. The Course by Course Evaluation cost is $141
World Education Services, Inc – the Course-by-Course Evaluation (with GPA & course-levels) is $195
Education Credential Evaluators – the Course by Course Evaluation is $195
Students Transferring from another US institution:
*These requirements are for students who already have an F-1 visa and I-20.
- The online application, which you can find on our international requirements webpage. This is free, and very fast to complete.
- Academic/Character Recommendation: We require at least one recommendation letter be submitted on your behalf from a teacher, tutor, guidance counselor, pastor, or other appropriate non-family member, who can attest to both your academic ability and character. We accept these recommendations in the form of a letter, but you can also download ENC's recommendation form. You can also request that your recommender send this letter via email directly to me. It cannot be sent from your email.
- Transcripts from your current US institution.
- The immigration documents listed below, in addition to copies of: passport, F-1 visa, I-94 (both sides), and all current and previous I-20s. Photocopies are acceptable.
Immigration and Visa Process
- Sponsorship Certification Form - This is a United States Federally mandated requirement. Please read the instructions completely, since this form is a complicated. This form also requires supporting financial documentation from your bank. Original documents are required; photocopies are not acceptable.
- Supporting Financial Documentation – These documents must be bank statement and statements of income if necessary to demonstrate your ability to fully fund your education for all the years you will be attending ENC. This can sometimes amount to $80,000 to &100,000 dollars. Originals are required.
- The International Student Financial Aid Application - You will have to complete our financial aid application form in order to be eligible for need-based financial aid. Photocopies are acceptable.
- The International Student Data Form. This form is required of all international students applying for admission to Eastern Nazarene College in order to evaluate whether immigration sponsorship in F-1 student status is required.
- Once this process is complete & you've accepted our offer of admission by submitting your non-refundable enrollment deposit, we'll issue an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant, which you will need as part of the process to request an F-1 student visa. If you are transferring to ENC from another college in the U.S. then you will need to request that your SEVIS record be transferred.
Eastern Nazarene College offers institutional merit-based and needs-based financial aid to First-Year International & Transfer Students. If you’re accepted to ENC, we will create a financial aid package for you. The acceptance letter includes basic information about your academic scholarship, but in order to be eligible for needs-based aid, we require that you complete the International Student Financial Aid Application. After completing the form, please return it to the Office of Admissions. Photocopies are acceptable.
You can find information about the cost of attendance here. Please note that we do not offer any full scholarships for international students. After all aid has been awarded, the average international student can expect to pay between $20,000 and $25,000 per year from personal funds.
International payments: ENC has partnered with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition payment process for international students. With peerTransfer, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks. You will also be able to track where your payment is in the transfer process and an email confirmation will be sent to you when your payment is received by the school.
For more information or questions contact your enrollment counselor Ashley Rudeen.
* If you have not already done so, you must complete the online application and SAT or transcripts before we can proceed with direct email correspondence. You can find that link here: http://www1.enc.edu/discover/