HR BULLETIN: 2013-04-05
2 Full-Time positions open. Provide cleaning services to assigned areas of responsibility, receive delivery of inventory to replenish cleaning supplies, perform project work as needed and support special events held on campus. Occasional weekends in work schedule.
Day Shift 7:00 am to 3:45 PM
Afternoon Shift 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM
- Dust all surfaces, spot clean walls, and upholstery, clean windows, clean bathrooms, replenish supplies, wipe ledges, vacuum, dry and/or wet mop floors, empty all wastebaskets and operate trash compactor, wipe down desks, clean chalkboards, clean stairwells, and polish furniture
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms and other work areas according to established procedures
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines as assigned
- Complete and sign daily check list posted in the main storage closet of each building
- Scrub showers and clean tiles weekly. Wash walls, and vents, clean or replace shower curtains
- Cover work schedules of absent coworkers as assigned by supervisor and assist in special event cleaning when requested
- Present a professional, positive and helpful attitude at all times when interacting with guests, student employees and co-workers
- Wear assigned uniform at all times while working on campus properties
- Other duties assigned by manager
- High school diploma or equivalent; or one year related experience
- Experienced with floor refinishing, cleaning machines and cleaning supplies preferred
- Must be detail oriented and must demonstrate good decision-making skills
- Good interpersonal skills are necessary
- Must have the ability to prioritize, organize work effectively, and work independently
- Demonstrate ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Applicants may make application by submitting their resume along with a cover letter and statement of faith.
Address: Eastern Nazarene College, 23 E. Elm Avenue, Quincy, MA 02170
Eastern Nazarene College, a four-year, liberal arts, residential college of the Church of the Nazarene, located on Boston's South Shore, seeks qualified persons to join a multi-cultural community to fill faculty and staff positions. ENC encourages women and minorities to apply. Applicants should be committed Christians and active in a local church. Preference in hiring is given to those with Wesleyan convictions and background, though qualified applicants from other Christian traditions will be considered as well.